We accept manuscripts from writers from around the world. Whether you a new author or published author we want to hear from you. Each manuscript will go through a review process that can take up to two weeks. There are guidelines that are associated with submitting submission.
Please review before submissions.!
WE DO NOT PUBLISH:
• Excessive violence, profanity, or warlock in any form.
• Conversely, we have the right to reject any manuscript that violates the moral and ethical views of the general public whether political, religious, or otherwise.
ATTENTION: Submissions will not be considered if our Submission Coordinators notice that you’ve missed any details from the guidelines below. Please check and ensure that your submission has the best chance for success.
Manuscript Formatting Guidelines
We only accept PDF format for free manuscript review .We encourage authors to follow the proper formatting as outlined below. (If you do not have MS Word or can’t convert PDF, you can import the template into Google Docs and use their free word processing interface.)
In the upper left-hand corner of the document, include:
• Your name (as you would like it to appear in print)
• Your real name (if different)
• Your contact information (phone number, email address, mailing address)
• The title of your story
• The word count (for the story only, excluding the title, your name, and your contact information)
The body of your story should be:
• Size 12 black Times New Roman font
Name your story file (.doc or .docx) as follows – -
Example: Williams-Fear of Darkness- doc
Once submissions are opened, we review and acquire submitted stories continuously until we acquire all stories for each month. Our editors will start sending out acceptance and rejection emails during the first week of each month for the next month’s stories. Once all days in each month have been acquired, submissions for that month will be closed. What happens if my story is acquired? Is there payment?
There is never a fee to submit your stories to Gemlight. However, before publishing process begin full payment is due, unless financing has been put into place.
Before you submit double check to make sure you’re fulfilling all guidelines. If you don’t, we won’t read your story until you resend it in the prescribed format. Should we select one of your works for publication, we will notify you via email. If you don’t hear from us within four weeks after your submission, feel free to follow up.